Last week, I travelled down east to see two Polymer Engineers; one of them, I’ve come to know for several years. I trust her and technically, she’s career-inclined. The type of person I love working with on projects because of dedication and determination.

The last time I was in Awka was in August/September. I have about 4-5 stories to tell about this trip. I’ve told one; this is the second and the remaining three, I’ll write about this coming week.

I got to Awka by 5pm and proceeded for the meeting even though I was very tired – headache and all – plus I had this nagging “submit me” emotional nudge from my upcoming book. Still, I made it.

I got back to where I lodged, slept for so long until I was satisfied; I woke in the middle of the night, worked on my manuscript and stuff, prior to the second meeting, scheduled to be two days later.

By the way, I love working at midnight: the serenity and only few persons can call at midnight and I’ll be obliged to answer. I’m of the night.

Fast forward two days later and we’re on the second meeting. After discussing for some minutes and taking notes (very necessary), the young man said to me, “But you know this is a big risk. Why not start little and then progress?”

“It’s not that I won’t start little. I like knowing everything I’m going into. Plus if I can, I like owning [and controlling] all factors of production for what I’m producing.”

“Yes, I know. I understand where you’re coming from.”

I chuckled before adding, “Coming down here all the way from Lagos, Nigeria is a risk too. Just for a meeting of one hour, I came down here (risking my life on these roads). I’m not new to risk. Asides Specuit Cargo, I’ve been on the entrepreneurship risk path since I was 17 [give or take], so I understand.”

“[What you’re doing] is very innovative. I salute your courage.”

“Thanks,” and a smile.

The meeting lasted for about thirty minutes and I was done. I saw a friend and started planning how to get back to Lagos, Nigeria.

By the way, I love working at midnight: the serenity and only few persons can call at midnight and I'll be obliged to answer. Click To Tweet

Unfortunately, the next night, a restaurant/eatery in Awka got me food poisoned and I regretted not damning aerophobia and taking a flight back. I’ll tell you about the food poisoning on Monday and why about 7 days later, I’m still scared of eating, especially outside and only on Thursday did Isioma actually ‘force’ me to eat.

So… so!

Written by Okwukwe

Writer + Entrepreneur + Designer + Creative Artist + Tech Lover + Firework Lover + Travel Freak + Retired Economist (’08-’12) = Okwukwe

Leave a Comment